Sunday, April 30, 2017

Penang

We are in official countdown mode and coming up on the last month of Mersades high school days.  I thought I would take the time to document some of our activities we did around Penang.  This is also for all those back home who always ask "What do you do when you go see the kids?"

The other question I get, probably even more than "What do you do..." is "Where do you stay?"  Well, depending on what's going on, I usually stay at the hotel that's right next to the school.  I had a great view from the room, this time, of the school grounds.

Yah, what kid doesn't want to go to school where you have ocean views?!? ;)  Also, if you notice the building, upper mid picture, with the black roof, that is the new dorm building.  The kids will be moving in there the start of the new academic school year!  The view from the great room and the kitchen in the dorms is outstanding!  I will try to get a pic the next time I go to the school.
 
I was there for almost a week.  The first day,  Marz and I went out for lunch. The boys were stuck at school.  The first few days were very busy, so I did shifts with kids feeding them.  I think that is all I do really, as you will see... ;)
Breakfast with the boys while Marz was busy.


On most Saturday mornings, Mersades wakes up early to walk to the wet market to get her weeks supply of fruits and veggies.  I have never seen a Jack fruit cut up.  Interesting...
 
Marz paying for her purchases... with money from my wallet. :D

Finally, Saturday night, we were all able to go to dinner together.  We went to this place called Two Buns, a burger joint.  The best part of the dinner was finding the dessert labeled this way.  Good thing the SJW's (social justice warriors) haven't discovered Asia yet!! LOL!!!

There is a ton of street art in Georgetown.  The boys liked this one.  ;)

Then we walked to this place called China House.  It's a little restaurant, but the desserts are out of this world!  The pictures are what we ordered.  Soooo sweet and soooo filling!

 
 
Upstairs was an "art" museum Mersades wanted to go check out.  The best piece of art!!! LOL!!  Where do these people come up with these signs?!?!?  You know, they had to have caught someone doing these things in order for them to be added to the sign!!  There are some weird people in this world!!

Took the boys to Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  While....


Marz went and bought us tickets to Beauty and the Beast then watched the Penang International Food (forgot what the last F stands for) ;).  She is becoming quite the baker!  Wait untill you see her creation in the next post!!
 
That's about it.  Well, add in about a dozen more "eating moments" I will call them.  They are constantly eating!!!  Love my teenagers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment