Sunday, February 12, 2017

Using My Skills...

First off, I'm just gonna say Mom, "See!!  I don't just screw off all day, every day.  I actually do something for the greater good!!" LOL!! ;)

Anyway...

There is a standing joke around town about me and my sewing skills...  I can use a sewing machine and sew almost straight lines.  I make soft snugly furry blankets for those most special to me and every now and then, I make costumes...  ;)

But for years, the quilting ladies, at least my quilting lady friends, have been BEGGING me to start quilting!  I'm not really sure why they want me there, other than they need some comic relief... lol! ;) But I just can't see the sense in cutting up strips of fabric and then sewing them back together again, FOR FUN!! ;)  However, I will say that the quilts these ladies make are works of art and are so beautiful!  It would take me years to be in their league of quilters!

The other day, a bunch of material was donated by my friend Stormy, because she was going to leave us this July and was cleaning out her house.  So the quilting ladies decided to take the fleece material and turn it into blankets for the children and babies, who live in an orphanage, in Africa.  

Once again I was asked to participate...  I really think they didn't expect me to show up.  After all, I had never before graced them with my presence in the sewing room.  But I thought, what the heck, I can sew a kind-of-straight-line, well at least in my mind. AND it's not "just a costume"!.... So I went!  

And I will be forever grateful I did!!!

Stormy having all sorts of fun with her camera.  I think she took the photos of me just so she could look back and know that she wasn't dreaming! ;)

Yah... about that... ;)

Here are all the beautiful ladies from the day that showed up to help out and use their skills.

Why will I be forever grateful that I sewed that day?  Well because you see, the day after I left for Malaysia to see the kids, the start of lay offs begun, and four of these beautiful women will no longer be on site when I return.

Two of them being my best of the best friends, Stormy and Katt!  The two who always pestered me to go to quilting... The two who always laughed at me and vice versa.... Will NOT BE THERE when I return!  Yes, I am sad.  However, I know I will see these two North Americans again.  So the sadness will go away, and the anticipation of seeing them again one day will take root and it will be like we have never lost a day!  I will forever remember this!

Love you all and God bless you as you turn the page in a new chapter of your life! xoxo

PS Katt and Stormy... Those were not just "costumes"! lol!! :D

Update:  I have to add these two comments from Facebook so I wont forget them...

Katt: They were not just costumes, Sweet Pea, but the bonding of friends and the making of memories that I will cherish forever. Until we meet again, stay safe. Love you 
So very very true Kitty Katt! xo

Stormy:  I will cherish my memories with Katt and robin we did a lot of fun
All fun and absolutely no trouble!! ;)

1 comment: