Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sunrise From the Sky

So in the last year, I have taken more flights than I ever thought I would, AND ever wanted to!!  Every time I get on a airplane, I have to stop myself from thinking "This is not right! How can a tin can that weighs as much as it does fly in the sky at 35,000 feet!"  It is not logical!  It does not make sense to me at all!  And your right, I do not understand the the law of aerodynamics!
Every little bump has me thinking that the plane is going to fall right out of the sky.  I try and get as tired as I can be, so I can sleep for most of the flight.  (It's much easier now that the kids are older... :)  I also very rarely look out the window, unless we are landing. 
I also realize that when it is my turn to go, then it's time to go.  ...And I am not talking about the toilet here! ;)  I also know that God will take care of all of us. But it's still what I think about every time I get on  a plane.
Anyway, on our flight from Bali to Timika this morning, (We leave at 2:30 am! and its a 3+ hour flight) I woke up with about an hour left of the flight.  The sun was just coming up.  As I was looking out the window, I saw the most spectacular clouds!  I just couldn't stop looking!  There was a huge layer of clouds below us, with towers of clouds popping up all around us.
I could not get up to get my big camera.  Gabby was sound to sleep on my lap.  So I used the camera on my phone to capture the scenery.  Sorry for the glare from the window.....  Believe me, these pictures do not do it justice, but hopefully you will get the picture. :)

After watching the clouds for a bit the plane started to turn.  It normally doesn't do that at this point in the flight... So I was scratching my head, wondering what was going on.  Then this cloud came in to view on the left side of my window.  It was massive!  What the pilot was doing was steering us around this cloud.  I got pictures of the cloud before and after, but nothing while we were passing it by.  It was soooo cool to see!




Now we are past our great "pillar" cloud, and after the sun got higher in the sky, this is what the sky looked like.  :)
That was the last picture I took of the clouds, because now it was time to turn off all electronics....  Let me tell you, I was glad I looked out the window this morning.  I saw some awesome aspects of God's creation.  I will also say, when we hit a bit of turbulence, I was fine with it.  (That was probably because I was watching what was going on outside. :)  And I also ask God for peace every time I fly... :)
So now I am back home, and back the the "real world" of everyday life.  (That is code for I may not get some blog posts done for a while!)  The kids and I leave for the states in three weeks!! Yeah!!!  I am a great mom and pulling them out of school two weeks early! ;)  If we are only getting back to the States once a year, six weeks just isn't long enough!  So until next time....
Watching the clouds go by...  (A "Heart" song comes to mind... :)
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment